Here is another great summer dessert. It is light and low on sugar…very refreshing and delicious!
serves 8 ( 5 points + )
- 1-⅓ c. self-rising flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 3 T. light stick butter
- 2 T. sugar
- 6 T. skim milk
- 8 oz. reduced fat cream cheese
- 4 tsp. powdered sugar, divided
- grated lemon zest from ½ lemon
- 1 peach, pitted and sliced
- 1-½ c. strawberries, halved
- 1 c. fresh blueberries or raspberries
- 1 T. honey
Preheat oven to 400. Place flour and salt in a large bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk until a soft dough forms.
Transfer dough to a sheet of parchment paper. Roll out with a floured rolling pin into an 8" circle. Transfer parchment and dough onto a baking sheet. Bake 12- 14 minutes or until golden. Cool.
Meanwhile, beat cream cheese, 1 T. powdered sugar and lemon zest. Spread over cooled tart. Top with fruit, drizzle with honey and sprinkle with remaining 1tsp. powdered sugar.