Perfect for a cool, late summer evening!
serves 6 ( 1 c. = 4 points + )
- 4 Oscar Mayer fully cooked bacon strips, cooked crisp and crumbled
- ¾ c. sliced green onions, divided
- 1 lb. yellow summer squash, chopped
- 1 lb. frozen corn kernels, thawed and divided
- 2-¼ c. skim milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 T. reduced fat shredded cheddar
In a large nonstick Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, cook ½ c. onions and squash until tender ( about 8 minutes). Set aside 1 c. corn kernels. Place remaining corn kernels and milk in a blender and process until combined. Add the milk mixture along with the reserved corn kernels, bacon, salt and pepper to the squash and onions. Cook until heated through. Ladle soup into six bowls. Top with remaining green onions and 1 T. cheese per bowl.