Thursday, February 6, 2014

Grilled Pork Chops with Ancho Avocado Orzo



I originally saw this recipe at a site called diabeticlivingonline.com. Since it has avocado, I knew I had to try it. This combination pasta  and pork dish was amazing! I think you will really enjoy it! I have adapted it slightly by adding more beans and more tomatoes. I also added an olive oil and lime juice to the pork to make it extra tender when grilling. Since it is still winter here, I grilled inside on my George Foreman grill. If you have a stovetop grill pan, that will work too.


serves 8 ( 1 chop and a generous 1 c. pasta = 11 points +)


  • 2 fresh poblano chili peppers, seeded and halved
  • 8 ( 4 oz) boneless pork loin chops
  • 2 tsp. olive oil
  • 2 tsp. lime juice
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 avocados , halved, seeded and peeled
  • 1 c. fat-free half and half
  • 1/4 c. lime juice
  • 1 tsp. ancho chili powder
  • 4 c. cooked orzo pasta
  • 1 can ( 15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
  • 1 bunch green onions, sliced
  • 2/3 c. frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
  • 1/2 c. chopped, fresh cilantro


Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place poblano peppers, cut side down on the foil. Roast 20 minutes or until peppers are charred and tender. Bring foil up around peppers and let stand 15 minutes. Loosen edges of skin, peel and coarsely chop peppers.

Combine 2 tsp. olive oil and 2 tsp. lime juice. Brush over both sides of pork chops. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill until pork is no longer pink and juices run clear.

Meanwhile, combine avocado, half and half, 1/4 c. lime juice, ancho chili powder and about 1 tsp. salt in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth.

In a large bowl, combine poblano peppers, orzo, black beans, tomatoes, onions, corn, cilantro and avocado mixture. Serve with pork chops.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...