I love watermelon in the summer. I also love prosciutto, so to combine them in one recipe was amazing!
I know that I love each salad that I make, but this one is perfect for summer! You can try this salad for a nice, refreshing lunch too.
serves 4 ( 5 points +)
- 2 c, chopped, seeded watermelon
- 2 c. chopped honeydew melon
- ⅓ c. thinly sliced red onion
- 2 ripe nectarines, pitted and sliced
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 3 T. fresh lemon juice
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1-½ T. honey
- 4 c. arugula
- ¼ c. fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 3 oz. prosciutto, very thinly sliced
- ½ oz. Parmesan cheese, shaved
Combine the first 4 ingredients; sprinkle with salt,
Combine juice, oil and honey, stirring well. Drizzle over fruit mixture and toss gently.
Arrange 1 c. arugula and 1 T. mint on each of 4 plates; Top each serving with about 1-¾ c. fruit; Divided prosciutto evenly among plates; top evenly with cheese.