Thursday, October 9, 2014

Cherry-Port Glazed Pork Tenderloin



I love pork in the fall. This roast was especially easy to make and full of flavor.

Serves 12 ( 3 oz. pork = 5 points +)


  • 3/4 c. ruby port ( or any red wine)
  • 1/2 c. cherry preserves
  • 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1-1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. pepper
  • 1 ( 3 lb.) boneless pork loin
  • 1 T. olive oil


Preheat oven to 425.
Bring port to a boil and cook until reduced to 2 T. ( about 10 minutes). Stir in cherry preserves; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in thyme.

Combine garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Rub over pork.
Heat oil in a cast iron ( or nonstick ) pan. Brown pork on all sides. Place cast iron pan in the oven (if you don't have a cast iron pan, transfer pork to a jelly roll pan ). Cook for 20-30 minutes or until thermometer registers 135 degrees. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.

"Cooking Light"

21 comments:

  1. By looking at the image it really makes me hungry!! I would love to try this one.

    Check out most innovative Spiral Slicer capable of making continuous spiral cut vegetables for vegetable pastas, salads, fancy garnishes, casseroles and noodle dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to invite you to join our site www.erecipe.com . I really enjoy your blog and recipes and I think the over 8,000 unique daily visitors to eRecipe will too.
    By joining eRecipe, we will provide the Nutrition Facts for every recipe you post in which you could customize and add to your blog. Viewers need and love to know the nutritional facts. Its a free service that we offer to blogs and recipes we really love. It looks professional and your members will love it.
    Simply visit www.erecipe.com or contact me at erecipe00@gmail.com. We look forward having you in our network!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing useful info on virtually identical, here i got lots of knowledge about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I started following your blog just last year and I found so many wonderful recipes.
    I hope you get this because I just wanted to thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why aren't you posting new recipes anymore? I love your blog. Hope you are ok.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Lijit,
    I am new to your blog. Found it via Pinterest today. I am absolutely devoted to WW!!
    I would like to try this recipe tonight for a special evening. Just want to ask, the points per recipe is that for a serving or for the entire recipe?
    Thank you for this wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Start from a healthy lifestyle now and no word too late to change.
    Obat Pelangsing
    Slimming Capsule

    ReplyDelete
  10. very nice what you say. said, polished and elegant very, very good. To view kmu website is very nice, definitely take the time to make a success like this.. Obat pengapuran tulang

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really your blog is very interesting.... it contains great and unique information. I enjoyed to visiting your blog. It's just amazing.... my blog: Obat Tradisional Batuk Berdahak Berkepanjangan juga bisa mengatasi Batuk Disertai Darah atau bahkan mengatasi Batuk disertai Asam Lambung dengan cepat dan aman.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What are some Easy / Healthy dinner ideas?
    healthy food

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! What a lovely blog is this and It have great Information in it.Fresh Direct Coupon

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...