This steak was packed full of flavor! It turned out juicy and tender and the topping had a bit of a kick to it! I served this for my dad's birthday. This was served with roasted potatoes, peas and a mixed greens citrus salad and a cranberry upside-down cake for dessert. Everyone loved it!
Serves 4 ( 6 points +)
- 4 ( 4 oz) beef tenderloin steaks ( about 1 inch thick)
- 2 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt, divided
- 4 tsp. canola oil, divided
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 T. chopped, fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 tsp. crushed garlic
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 tsp. grated lemon rind
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
Coat a nonstick cast-iron skillet with spray; Sprinkle steak evenly with about 1/4 tsp. salt and cracked pepper. Add 1 tsp. oil to the pan and swirl to coat. Add steak to pan and cook for 2-3 minutes per side on medium-high heat. Place pan in an oven heated to 425 degrees and cook an additional 5-7 minutes or until desired doneness. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine remaining 1 T. oil, remaining 1/4 tsp. salt and the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl to make the gremolata. Serve steak with gremolata topping.
from "Cooking Light"