Here's a great crock pot meal. I even threw the chicken in frozen for extra ease in prep work. The flavor of this stew was amazing! I think you will like it!
serves 8 ( about 1-1/2 scant cups = 6 points +)
- 2 ( 15 oz. cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 c. peeled, cubed sweet potato
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 ( 14.5 oz) cans fat-free chicken broth
- 2 large green peppers, chopped
- 1 ( 15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 2 ( 4 oz.) cans diced green chilies
- 1 T. Cajun seasoning
- 2 tsp. crushed garlic
- 1/4 c. reduced-fat, creamy peanut butter
- chopped, fresh cilantro
Combine all ingredients in a crock pot, except peanut butter and cilantro. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or on high for 5-6 hours or until veggies are tender and chicken is easy to shred. Shred chicken.
Remove 1 c. hot liquid from crock pot. Whisk in peanut butter. Return mixture to pot; stir.
Top each serving with cilantro.