Succotash is what I like to call the southern version of Asian stir-fry. It is a vegetable- lovers dream come true! This dish is hearty and quite satisfying. There is some prep work involved, but the overall dish comes together rather quickly if you cook the sweet potatoes and red potatoes ahead of time. I hope you like it!
serves 12 ( 1 generous cup = 7 points +)
- 2 T. olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and cubed ( 4 c.)
- 3 medium red potatoes, cooked, peeled and cubed
- 4 c. snow peas
- 1lb. carrots, sliced thinly
- 1 can ( 15 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 can ( 15 oz) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 can ( 8 oz) unsweetened pineapple tidbits
Spray a large wok or skillet with nonstick spray. Add 1 T. olive oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to the pan. Cook until chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken and set aside. Drain any juices in the pan.
Add remaining 1 T. oil. Add carrots and cook until starting to soften. Add zucchini, onion and bell peppers. Cook until veggies are tender. Add sweet potatoes, red potatoes, chicken, cannellini beans and corn; heat through. Add pineapple tidbits with juice. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.