Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Enchilada Casserole





One of my favorite Mexican casseroles! This recipe was passed down to me from my Aunt, Jan. I have lightened it a little, but it is still full of wonderful flavor!


serves 9 ( 7 points) or 12 ( 5 points)


1 can whole kernel corn ( 15 oz) drained
12 corn tortillas
1 package taco seasoning
1.5 lbs. extra lean ground beef ( 95% lean)
1 c. onion, chopped
1 can Campbell's Healthy Request cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1/2 c. skim milk
2 c. reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
2 c. ketchup
1/2 can ( about 3 oz) tomato paste
3 oz. water ( you can fill half of the tomato paste can with water )
2 T. flour


In a large nonstick skillet, brown beef and onion until meat is no longer pink. Drain and return to pan.
Add taco seasoning, corn, flour, ketchup, tomato paste and water. Heat through.
Place 6 corn tortillas, overlapped in a large baking dish ( 15 x 10 x 2") Spread meat mixture over tortillas. Top with remaining six tortillas. 
In a small bowl, combine the soup with milk. Spread over top layer of tortillas. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.

10 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh saving this one too!!!!!

    LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog. And now I am a new follower. Can't wait to try some of your recipes.

    Marilyn C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! I found the ketchup taste a little strong in the enchiladas - so I might change that next time - but otherwise very tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy...yummy! Made these last night & they were fantastic! Huge hit with my hubby & mother in law :) I had seen the comment about the ketchup, so i used a little less & they were great! Definetly adding it to the "MUST HAVES" in our kitchen! Thanks for all the great recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sydney,
    Glad you liked the Enchilada Casserole. I still like the full amount of ketchup, but I like saucy things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. p.s. I hope you don't mind. I did a 'recipe review' for this on the Weight Watchers boards. And directed people to your blog :) Especially since we can't post the points...told them to check you out for point values! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sydney,
    I do not mind at all. Thanks for sending traffic my way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a question about the recipe. The ingredients calls for tomato paste but in the instructions it refers to tomata sauce. Which one should be used in the receipe -- tomato sauce or tomato paste?

    ReplyDelete
  9. tjlorden,
    Thanks for catching that error. It is tomato paste!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks -- trying it tonight! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...