Yummy and Filling!
serves 6 ( 6 points +) or if you want a larger piece, cut into four servings for ( 10 points + )
- ½ lb. ground Italian sausage
- 6 eggs
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 Roma tomato, thinly sliced
- ¼ c. grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat a 10" oven-proof skillet coated with nonstick spray. Cook Italian sausage, peppers and onions, breaking up meat and cooking until no longer pink. Spread mixture evenly in the pan and add the eggs. Cook until eggs are almost set. Place tomatoes over the top of the eggs and sprinkle with cheese. Place pan under broiler for 4-6 minutes or until cooked through and lightly browned. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting and serving.