I love trying new salad recipes in the spring. This one was definitely different, but lovely! I am sorry there is not too much of a picture to show. I was totally enjoying this salad when I realized that I had not taken a picture. This was all that was left!
serves 6 ( 5 points + )
- 1 head escarole, coarsely torn
- ½ c. chopped dates
- ½ c. chopped walnuts, toasted
- 5 fully cooked bacon strips, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 3 T. walnut oil or olive oil
- 3 T. finely chopped onion
- 2 T. red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine escarole, dates and walnuts in a bowl. Cook bacon in a frying pan until crisp. Remove and drain before crumbling. In the same pan, add oil and onion. Cook until onion is tender. Remove from heat and whisk in vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour warm dressing over salad and toss to coat.
adapted from "Bon Appetit"