Thursday, March 22, 2012

Grilled Sirloin with Sweet and Spicy Coffee Sauce



The weather this month has been unbelievably warm…almost like summer with temperatures reaching 80 degrees! This has put me in the mood for grilling. This recipe was outstanding! I hope you like it. I found this in the Weight Watcher's cookbook "Healthy and Happy Celebrations". I did double the amount of meat for my family, but did not double the sauce. There was plenty!


serves 4 ( 5 points +)



  • ½ c. brewed coffee
  • ¼ c. ketchup
  • ¼ c. A-1 steaks sauce
  • ¼ c. packed brown sugar
  • ¼ c. apple cider vinegar
  • 1 T. chili powder
  • 1 T. Dijon mustard
  • 1 T. hot pepper sauce
  • 1 tsp. cumin
  • 1-¼ lb. sirloin steak
  • salt
To prepare sauce, place the first nine ingredients in a saucepan (through cumin). Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to simmer, stirring occasionally until thickened. (about 20 minutes)

Sprinkle steak with salt. Grill until desired doneness. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with sauce.


2 comments:

  1. I tried your sweet & spicy coffee sauce this weekend and would love to refer to it on my blog (www.accordingtoalg.com). Would you mind if I posted it, giving you credit and linking back to this site?
    Thanks!
    Ashley
    (accordingtoalg {at} gmail {dot} com)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...