Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Tomato and Cheese Tortellini Soup



This "doctored up" tomato soup is perfect for those hurried evenings when you want something hot, but do not have lots of time to cook. I have made this for years and my kids love it. This is great served with grilled cheese.

serves 16 ( 1 c. = 4 points +)


  • 1 large can ( 50 oz) Campbell's condensed tomato soup
  • 50 oz. water
  • 1 can ( 15 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
  • 12 oz. frozen cheese tortellini
  • 2 T. oregano
  • 1 T. basil
  • 4 T. Parmesan cheese, grated


Mix soup and diced tomatoes with 50 oz. water in a large pot. Add oregano and basil; bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer.
Meanwhile, bring another pot of water to boil. Add tortellini and cook until pasta rises to the top of the water. Drain.
Add tortellini to tomato soup. Stir to heat through. Top each serving with 1 tsp. Parmesan cheese.

2 comments:

  1. Where did you find a 50 ounce can?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darlene,
      I did find a 50 oz. can at a local grocery store, however, anything close will work.

      Delete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...