In an attempt to avoid going to the grocery store, I was experimenting with ingredients on hand to make a meatloaf recipe. It turned out wonderfully and will soon be a family favorite. I hope you like it!
serves 12 (1 slice = 6 points +)
- 2 lbs. lean ground sirloin( 90 % lean)
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 2 c. chopped onion
- 1 package ( 3.5 oz) sun-dried tomatoes ( not packed in oil)
- garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste
- 2 slices white bread
- 1 egg
- 8 oz. sliced part-skim mozzarella
- 1/4 c. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 c. marinara sauce
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Place bread in a food processor and process until crumbs form.
In a large bowl, combine beef with ingredients through egg.
Place a lage piece of parchment paper on your counter. Press meat mixture out flat. top with cheese. Carefully, use the paper to roll meat into a loaf. Make sure everything is sealed and no cheese is sticking out. Place on a baking sheet. Top with marinara.
Bake for 50-60 minutes or until done. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.