|Press patties flat and top with mozzarella and tomato|
|Place top patties over bottom, pressing seams so that mozzarella is completely enclosed|
Here's a fun way to have a burger with a yummy surprise inside!
serves 6 ( 8 points +)
- 1-1/2 lbs. lean ground beef ( 93% lean)
- 2 T. Worcestershire sauce
- garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste
- 2 T. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 Roma tomato, sliced thinly
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced thinly into 6 slices
- 6 T. marinara sauce, heated
- fresh baby spinach leaves
- 6 low-cal buns ( 2 points+ each)
In a large bowl, combine beef with Worcestershire, spices and Parmesan cheese. Divide evenly into 12 sections. Press six sections flat. Top with mozzarella and a tomato slice.
Press remaining six beef sections flat. Cover bottom halves of burgers. Press seams together so that cheese is completely enclosed.
Spray a large, nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Cook 4-5 minutes per side, being careful when turning. Serve on spinach topped buns. Spoon 1 T. marinara over the top of each burger.