Friday, March 22, 2013

Sweet and Sour Chicken


This is definitely one of the better recipes for sweet and sour chicken that I have tried. My daughter recently tried this recipe from Pinterest, and when I saw it, I knew that I could lighten it a bit without affecting the flavor. This recipe is still a bit higher in points, so budget accordingly. If you would like to serve over rice, 1/2 c. instant long-grain rice is 2 points +.

serves 8 ( 11 points +)

  • 2-1/2 c. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
  • salt and pepper
  • 1/2 c. cornstarch
  • 1/2 c. egg beaters
  • 4 T. canola oil, divided


Sauce:

  • 1-1/2 c. packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 c. ketchup
  • 1 c. white distilled vinegar
  • 2 T. low-sodium soy sauce
  • 2 tsp. garlic salt


Preheat oven to 350.
Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Working in batches, coat half of the chicken in cornstarch. Then dip in egg beaters.
Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray and 2 T. oil. Add half of the chicken and brown. Transfer to a 13 x 9 inch pan. Repeat with remaining chicken, cornstarch and oil.

Whisk sauce ingredients together until smooth. Pour over chicken and stir to coat. Bake for 15 minutes. Stir again. Bake an additional 15 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...