Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Chicken and Rice Salad with Orange-Pistachio Vinaigrette


 Trying not to heat up the kitchen too much yesterday, because of the record-breaking heat we were having, I decided to try this refreshing recipe. I served this along with a green salad and chilled watermelon cubes. YUM!

serves 4 ( 11 points +)

  • 1 box ( 4.3 oz) Rice-A-Roni wild rice blend, made according to package directions,  omitting butter or fat
  • 2 T. olive oil
  • 1 T. white wine vinegar
  • 1 T. fresh orange juice
  • salt and pepper
  • 2 c. shredded chicken ( either rotisserie, grilled or pan fried)
  • 1/2 c. fresh basil
  • 1/4 c. pistachios
  • 4 oz. fresh mozzarella, cubed
  • 2 medium tomatoes, each cut into six wedges


Combine oil, vinegar, orange juice, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add chicken, basil, pistachios and cheese; toss to coat. Place about 1/2 c. rice on each of four plates. Top with chicken mixture and 3 tomato wedges.

adapted from "Cooking Light"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...