Monday, April 22, 2013

Curried Rice Pilaf


This recipe was sent to my by my neighbor, Danielle. I adjusted it to make it a little more points friendly. It was outstanding. I think this dish would accompany beef, chicken or pork quite well.

serves 8 ( 1/2 generous cup = 5 points +)


  • 1/2 c. chopped green onion, divided
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 1/2 c. uncooked rice( I used Jasmine Rice)
  • 3 c.  fat-free chicken broth
  • 3/4 tsp. curry powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 c. golden raisins
  • 1/2 c. sliced almonds, toasted


Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add 1/4 c. green onions and garlic. Cook until tender. Stir in rice and cook 2-3 minutes. Add broth, curry powder and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer very low until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. ( 15-20 minutes) Stir in raisins, remaining green onions and almonds.

1 comment:

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...