Monday, April 22, 2013

Sirloin in Red Wine Sauce



While looking for a recipe for a special dinner for my parents' anniversary, I came across this one in a "Cooking Light" magazine. I adapted it slightly for the amount of people I was serving. It was a real treat and at 4 points +, it was thoroughly enjoyed!

Serves 8 ( 4 points +)


  • 1 T. canola oil, Divided
  • 2 ( 1 lb. sirloin steaks)
  • salt and pepper
  • 3 T. finely chopped onion
  • 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
  • 1/2 c. red wine
  • 1/2 c. fat-free beef broth
  • 1-1/2 tsp. butter
  • 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard


In a large nonstick skillet or cast iron pan, heat oil.  Season steaks with salt and pepper. Add steaks to pan and cook 3-4 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Remove and let stand 5 minutes. Slice thinly against the grain.
Meanwhile, add onion and thyme to pan and cook until tender. Stir in red wine; cook until liquid almost evaporates ( 2-3 minutes). Add broth to pan and cook 3 minutes or until mixture is reduced by half. Remove from heat. Stir in butter, mustard and salt and pepper to taste. Pour red wine sauce over steak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...