Easy, fairly quick and a good way to get some extra veggies into your diet.
serves 8 ( 6 points +)
- 3 c. cooked boneless skinless chicken breast, shredded
- 1 can ( 16 oz) fat-free refried beans
- 1 can ( 15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 package fajita seasoning mix
- 1 bag ( 16 oz) frozen stir-fry bell peppers and onions, thawed and drained
- 8 ( 6 inch) La Tortilla Factory whole wheat tortillas or another low carb tortilla
- 2 c. shredded, low-fat cheddar
Preheat oven to 375 and spray a 13 x 9 inch glass baking pan with nonstick spray.
In a medium bowl, mix refried beans, tomato sauce and fajita seasoning. Stir in chicken.
Spread about 1/2 c. bean mixture over the bottom of baking dish. Top with 4 tortillas, overlapping as necessary. Top with half the remaining bean mixture, half of the stir-fry vegetables and 1 c. cheese. Repeat layers with remaining tortillas, bean mixture, stir-fry vegetables and cheese.
Cover baking dish with foil. Bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake and additional 15-20 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
adapted from "Betty Crocker"