You will love this comfort food "Mac and Cheese" with a twist!
Serves 10 ( 1 c. = 9 points +)
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 4 c. grape tomatoes
- 2 T. olive oil
- 12 oz. uncooked penne pasta
- 1 T. crushed garlic
- 10 tsp. flour
- 3-1/2 c. skim milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1-1/2 c. part-skim shredded mozzarella
- 2/3 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 c. torn basil leaves
- 1/4 c. Panko Japanese bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
Preheat broiler to high. Combine tomatoes with 1 T. oil on a jelly roll pan. Broil 3 minutes or until tomatoes begin to break down.
Cook pasta; Drain. Return pasta to pan.
Heat a saucepan over medium heat. Add 1 T. oil. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Stir in flour. Add milk, salt, pepper, stirring with a whisk. Bring to a simmer; cook until thickened. Remove pan from heat; stir in cheeses. Add cheese mixture to pasta; toss.Stir in chicken. Stir in tomato mixture and basil. Spoon into a 13 x 9 pan coated with nonstick spray. Sprinkle with Panko and red pepper flakes. Broil 2-4 minutes or until Panko is browned.