Friday, August 10, 2012

Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Banana Parfaits



Every so often, I like to make a treat for my dad who is a diabetic. For this recipe, I used Xylitol, which is a natural sweetener. I buy it under the name "Ideal".

serves 6 ( 4 points +)

  • 6 T. Ideal brand Xylitol ( or use regular sugar if you like)
  • ¼ c. baking cocoa
  • 2 T. cornstarch
  • dash of salt
  • 1-½ c. skim milk
  • ½ tsp. vanilla
  • 6 Nutter Butter Sandwich Cookies, crushed
  • 2 large bananas, sliced
  • 12 T. light whipped cream


In a heavy saucepan, combien the first four ingredients. Gradually whisk in milk. Cook on medium high, whisking constantly until mixture thickens. Place mixture in a bowl and cover the surface with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until cooled.
Layer parfait cups with pudding, bananas and crushed cookies. Repeat. Top each parfait with 2 T. light whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...