Monday, August 27, 2012

Mini Eggplant Parmesan Sandwiches


Eggplant is ripening in my garden right now, so I thought I would try this recipe tonight. It was very good. I bought the "Take and Bake" ciabatta rolls for this recipe. When heated, they are nice and crusty on the outside and soft on the inside. They are also only 3 points each.

serves 8 ( 6 points +)


  • 1 eggplant, sliced into 8 slices about ½ inch thick
  • 2 egg whites
  • ⅔ c. breadcrumbs
  • garlic powder, oregano, pepper
  • 2 T. Parmesan cheese, grated
  • 1-½ c. tomato sauce, seasoned to your liking
  • 1 c. part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
  • Fresh baby spinach leaves
  • 8 small ciabatta rolls ( 3 points each), such as "Take and Bake", heated until hot and crusty 


Preheat oven to 423 and spray a baking pan with nonstick spray. Place egg whites in a shallow dish and whisk until frothy. Combine bread crumbs, seasonings and Parmesan cheese in another shallow bowl. Dip eggplant in egg whites, then coat in bread crumb mixture. Place on baking sheet and spray the tops with nonstick spray. Bake for 15 minutes or until browned and crisp on the bottom. Turn and bake until browned and crisp on the other side. Top with seasoned tomato sauce and 2 T. mozzarella cheese on each eggplant slice. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Place spinach leaves on hot ciabatta rolls. Top with eggplant.

3 comments:

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...