You will love this quick and easy protein packed dinner!
serves 4 ( 9 points +)
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 T. crushed garlic
- 24 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt, divided
- 1 T. canola oil
- 1/2 c. plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/4 c. diced onion
- 1/4 c. chopped English cucumber
- 1 tsp. dried dill
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- 2 c. fresh baby spinach
- 1plum tomato, cut into 8 slices
- 4 lemon slices
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 3 oz. feta cheese, sliced
- 2 whole wheat pitas, warmed and cut into 4 wedges each
Combine first 4 ingredients and 1/4 tsp. salt in a food processor; process until ground. Divide mixture into 8 equal portions and shape into a patty. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to the pan. Add patties and cook 3 minutes per side or until juices run clear.
Combine yogurt and next 4 ingredients; stir in 1/4 tsp. salt/
Place 1/2 c. spinach on each plate. Top with chicken patties, squeeze lemon over chicken. Top with tomato slices; sprinkle with pepper. Serve with yogurt mixture, feta cheese, and pita wedges.
adapted from "Cooking Light"