Monday, February 18, 2013

Vietnamese Chicken Sandwiches


Lots of fresh and vibrant ingredients in this recipe!

serves 4 ( 10 points +)


  • 1 ( 12 oz.) French bread baguette
  • 2 tsp. canola oil
  • 1 lb. chicken cutlets
  • 1/4 tsp. black pepper
  • 2 tsp. minced garlic, divided
  • 1 T. low-sodium soy sauce
  • 2 tsp. dark sesame oil
  • 2 tsp. hoisin sauce
  • 1/2 c. sugar
  • 1/2 c. rice vinegar
  • 1 c. matchstick-cut carrots
  • 1 c. very thinly sliced radishes
  • 2 c. thinly sliced English cucumber
  • 1-1/2 c. thinly sliced romaine lettuce
  • 1/2 c. cilantro leaves
  • 1 T. hot chile sauce


Cut bread in half horizontally; hollow out, leaving a 1 inch thick shell.

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. SPrinkle chicken with pepper. Saute 3 minutes on each side or until done. Let stand 10 minutes. Slice chicken.

Combine garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil and hoisin in a bowl; add chicken and toss to coat.

Combine sugar and vinegar in a small saucepan; cook until sugar dissolved. Add carrot and radishes. Cool; drain, reserving 2 T. vinegar mixture.

Arrange cucumber and lettuce on bottom half of bread; drizzle with vinegar mixture. Top with chicken, radish mixture, cilantro and hot chile sauce. Cut into 4 equal portions.


adapted from "Cooking Light"

3 comments:

  1. I love your recipes, but I wish I knew what the caloric values are. I figure 50 calories per point when I don't know the values. Using that formula, a recipe that you post that has 10+ points would be 500 calories. Is that close?? Please let me know so that I don't have to go formulate each recipe. Thanks!
    jeannette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanette,
      The old Weight Watcher's point system would have worked that way ( roughly 50 calories per point), but the new system does not work that way since it takes into account carbs and protein.
      The calorie count on this sandwich was 400.

      Delete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...