This simple, yet satisfying meal was served with a salad and hot, crusty French bread.
Serves 6 ( 6 points +)
- 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 T. olive oil, divided
- 1-1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 medium to large onion, cut into wedges or sliced
- 1 can ( 15 oz) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ( 14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 c. red wine
- 1 package ( 5 oz) fresh baby spinach leaves
Heat 1 T oil in a large skillet. Add chicken and cook until browned. Remove chicken from pan.
Add remaining 1 T. oil to pan. Add onion and cook until tender.
Stir in beans, tomatoes, red wine and spice mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 3 minutes. Return chicken to pan. Stir in spinach. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until spinach is wilted.