We were having a picnic at the lake and I decided to make something light, yet healthy to bring along. This was a nice satisfying, summer meal served with a small dinner roll and fresh watermelon slices.
serves 4 ( 7 points +)
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 c. grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 4 slices Oscar Mayer fully cooked bacon ( microwaved according to instructions)
- 1.5 oz. crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 8-12 c. Romaine lettuce, torn
- 1/2 c. avocado
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 tsp. crushed garlic
- salt and pepper
- 4-5 T. water
Season chicken with salt and pepper. Spray chicken with nonstick spray and then grill until chicken is no longer pink ( 5-7 minutes per side). Let chicken stand 5 minutes before slicing.
Place equal amounts of lettuce on four plates. Top with chicken and remaining ingredients.
For dressing, place avocado, oil garlic, salt and pepper in a food processor. Process until smooth. Add water, as needed to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle dressing over salad.