This is a very hearty and filling soup!
serves 10 ( 1-⅓ c. = 7 points+ )
- 2 lbs. boneless beef chuck roast, cut into cubes
- 3 onions, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, thinlu sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can ( 46 oz) tomato juice
- 1 can ( 28 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ c. pearl barley
In a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, brown the beef and onions until meat is no longer pink,]. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer until veggies and barley are tender ( about 1-½ hours)
adapted from "Healthy Cooking"