serves 4 ( 10 points + )
- 1 lb. lean ground beef or sirloin ( at least 93% lean)
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 T. Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 1-½ tsp. flour
- ¼ c. fat-free beef broth
- 4 sliced reduced-fat Provolone cheese
- 8 slices dark rye bread or pumpernickel ( such as Beefsteak brand)
Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray. Cook mushrooms and onions until tender. Add salt and pepper and 1 T. Worcestershire sauce. Stir in flour and then add beef broth. Stir until slightly thickened, remove mushroom mixture from pan and keep warm. Re-coat the same skillet with nonstick spray. Mix the ground beef with 1 T. Worcestershire sauce. Form into 4 patties. Cook patties until done.
In another skillet or griddle coated with nonstick spray, place 4 pieces of bread. Top each with a patty, 1 slice of cheese and ¼ of the mushroom mixture. Top with remaining 4 pieces of bread. Cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned.