Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Tuscan Lemon Muffins


I love that it is finally spring in the mid-west! Somehow, spring and the taste of lemon seem to go hand in hand. I love the rich flavor of these muffins and love that they are made with olive oil instead of butter. The ricotta cheese puts the taste over the top! My boys just about devoured these in one sitting!

Serves 12 ( 5 points +)

  • 1-3/4 c. flour
  • 3/4 c. sugar
  • 2-1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 3/4 c. low-fat ricotta cheese
  • 1/2 c. water
  • 1/4 c. olive oil
  • 1 T. grated lemon rind
  • 2 T. fresh lemon juice
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 T. turbinado sugar


Preheat oven to 375 and line muffin tins with paper liners or spray with nonstick spray.

In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients ( through salt). Make a well in the center.
In another bowl, combine the ricotta cheese with the next 5 ingredients ( through egg). Add ricotta mixture to flour mixture, stirring until just moist. 
Spoon into muffin tins. Sprinkle each with 1/2 tsp. turbinado sugar. 
Bake for 15-16 minutes or until done. Cool 5 minutes in pan on a wire rack.

adapted from "Cooking Light"

2 comments:

  1. Everything I eat has been proved by some doctor or other to be a deadly poison, and everything I don't eat has been proved to be indispensable for life. But I go marching on.
    Welford

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our writing style is so engaging; I couldn't stop reading. Baldur’s Gate 3

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...