A nice, light and flavorful summertime dish!
serves 4 ( 8 points +)
- 1/4 c. low-fat buttermilk
- 3 T. light mayonnaise
- 2 T. chopped, fresh, flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tsp. chopped, fresh thyme
- 1 tsp. cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. crushed garlic
- 4 ( 4 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 T. olive oil
- 2 tsp. dried, minced onion
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 c. frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/2 c. sliced red onion
- 1c. red grape tomatoes
- 1 c. yellow grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 sliced, peeled avocado
Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl and refrigerate until serving.
In another small bowl, combine olive oil, minced onion, cumin, salt and chili powder Rub over chicken. Grill chicken until no longer pink. Let stand 5 minutes, slice into thin slices.
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Coat with nonstick spray. Add corn and onion and cook until onion is tender. Add tomatoes and cook 1-2 minutes.
Place one sliced chicken breast on each plate. Place corn mixture next to chicken. top with avocado slices and drizzle corn mixture with dressing.
adapted from "Cooking Light"