This salad is fairly quick and easy to make if you use a rotisserie chicken.
Serves 6 ( 1 c. lettuce, topped with about 3/4 c. chicken mixture, 1/3 c. corn mixture, radishes and tortilla strips = 8 points +)
- 6 ( 6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 c. salsa verde
- 3 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3 c. rotisserie chicken ( mixture of white and dark meat)
- 1/2 c. sliced green onions
- 2 T. lime juice, divided
- 5 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 2/3 c. black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2/3 c. frozen kernel corn, thawed
- 2/3 c. chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 c. chopped, fresh cilantro
- 6 c. chopped Romaine lettuce
- 3 radishes, sliced thinly
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 450. Cut tortillas into 1/4 inch strips, place on a baking sheet and spray with cooking spray. Bake 5 minutes, turn and bake an additional 5 minutes or until crisp. Cool.
Heat a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray. Add salsa verde and cream cheese. Cook until cream cheese is melted. Stir in chicken, onions and 1 T. lime juice; remove from pan and keep warm.
Rinse out pan, add 2 tsp. oil and swirl to coat.
Add beans, corn and bell pepper. Saute, 2 minutes. Stir in cilantro.
Combine remaining 1 T. lime juice and 1 T. olive oil in a large bowl; Add lettuce and toss to coat.
Place about 1 c. lettuce on each plate. Top with chicken mixture, corn mixture, radishes and tortilla strips. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
adapted from "Cooking Light"