Easy and perfect for a cool afternoon or evening meal.
serves 12 ( 1-1/3 c. = 4 points +)
- 20 oz/ Jenny O hot turkey Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 2 c. chopped onion
- 2 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced thinly
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 T. crushed garlic
- 1 can ( 15 oz.) whole tomatoes, undrained
- 6 c. ( 48 oz) fat-free chicken broth
- 2 ( 15 oz) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add sausage, onions, carrots, celery and zucchini. Cook until meat is no longer pink and onions are translucent. Stir in tomatoes, garlic, broth, beans, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce, heat, cover and simmer 30-45 minutes or until vegetables are tender.