This recipe comes from "Cooking Light Magazine". It has a bit of an Asian flair. The recipe only takes about 15-20 minutes total and is full of flavor and a special treat for a weeknight meal. The points value is 7+ for two thighs, which is great. If you opt for one thigh, it is 4+.
serves 4 ( 2 thighs and 1 T. sauce = 7 points+)
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs ( about 2 lbs.)
- 1/2 tsp. salt, divided
- 2 T. finely chopped onion or shallot
- 1 tsp. crushed garlic
- 1/3 c. chopped, fresh cilantro ( I think I used more)
- 1-1/2 T. dark sesame oil
- 1 T. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. Sriracha sauce ( hot chile sauce)
- 1/2 tsp. grated lime rind
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with nonstick spray. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 tsp. salt. Add to pan and cook until browned on one side ( about 6-7 minutes). Turn and cook until chicken is done. Place chicken on a platter.
Meanwhile, place remaining ingredients in a food processor and pulse until blended. Serve about 1-1/2 tsp. cilantro mixture over each chicken thigh.