serves 8 ( 4 points + each)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 c. chopped onion
- 1 c. chopped bell pepper ( I used 1/2 c. red and 1/2 c. green)
- 1/2 c. sliced, fresh mushrooms
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 oz. 93% lean ground beef
- 1/4 c. shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 8 ( 1 oz. ) slider buns
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onions, peppers and mushrooms and cook until tender.
Transfer onion mixture to a large bowl. Add ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Form into 8 patties.
Heat grill pan or frying pan over high heat. Spray with nonstick spray. Cook burgers 3 minutes, flip and top with cheese. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until done.
Serve on buns. ( toast buns if desired)
adapted from "Cooking Light"