This is a perfect side dish for any summertime meal! This would also be a great main course lunch dish.
serves 10 ( about 1 c. = 4 points +)
- 8 oz. uncooked rainbow rotini pasta
- 6 c. torn Romaine lettuce
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1-1/2 c. cooked cubed chicken breast
- 4 reduced fat bacon strips, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1/3 c. light mayonnaise
- 1/4 c. water
- 2 T. fat-free sour cream
- 1-1/2 tsp. white vinegar
- 1T. barbecue sauce
- black pepper to taste
Cook pasta al dente; drain and rinse in cold water.
In a large bowl, combine Romaine, chicken, bacon, tomatoes and pasta.
In a medium bowl, combine mayo, sour cream, water, vinegar, barbecue sauce and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
adapted from "Taste of Home"