A great pasta salad to serve with any Mexican dish or grilled entree.
Serves 8 ( about 3/4 c. = 5 points +)
- 1 c. uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 c. frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 24 grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 ( 15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 c. low-fat buttermilk
- 3 T. chopped, fresh cilantro, divided
- 3 T. fresh lime juice
- 2 T. fat-free sour cream
- 2 T. light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. crushed garlic
- 1 peeled, diced avocado
- 1 T. fresh, chopped parsley
Cook pasta; drain and rinse in cold water.
Place orzo, corn and next 3 ingredients ( through beans) in a large bowl; toss.
Combine buttermilk, 2 T. cilantro and next 7 ingredients ( through garlic) in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Drizzle over orzo mixture; toss. Gently stir in avocado. Garnish with remaining 1 T. cilantro and 1 T. parsley.
adapted from "Cooking Light"