Sunday, October 3, 2010

Apple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting




This is one of my favorite fall cakes. I made this for my great uncle's 86th birthday party.


serves 16-24 ( 16 = 8 points +, 20 = 6 points +, 24 = 5 points +)



  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 c. canola oil
  • 1/4 c. unsweetened applesauce
  • 2 c. sugar
  • 2 c. flour
  • 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
  • 2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 4 c. peeled, chopped apples



Frosting:



  • 3 T. butter, softened
  • 3 oz. reduced fat cream cheese
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1-1/2 c. powdered sugar
  • milk



Beat eggs, oil and applesauce until foamy. Add sugar and beat until light and thick. Mix dry ingredients and gradually add to oil mixture. Mix well. Fold in chopped apples and vanilla. Spread in a 13 x 9 pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool.


For frosting, beat butter and cream cheese. Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Add milk as needed to achieve spreading consistency. Frost cake. Serve semi-warm or at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...