Thursday, March 24, 2011

Almond Chicken with Strawberry Balsamic Sauce



This recipe, adapted from "Healthy Cooking" ,was very flavorful. I served this along with
Blackberry Spinach Salad and Broiled Potatoes and Zucchini.

serves 4 ( 1 piece of chicken with 2 T. sauce = 9 points + )

½ c. Panko Japanese bread crumbs
⅓ c. almonds, coarsely chopped
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves ( 4 oz. each)
1 T. canola oil
⅓ c. fat-free chicken broth
⅓ c. strawberry preserves
3 T. balsamic vinegar
½  tsp. dried thyme
½  tsp. dried rosemary

In a large ziplock bag, combine the bread crumbs, almonds, salt and pepper. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat.
In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in oil until no longer pink. Remove and set aside to keep warm.
In the same skillet, add the chicken broth, strawberry preserves, vinegar, thyme and rosemary. Bring toa boil; reduce heat and simmer until thickened ( 5-7 minutes)
Serve chicken with sauce

2 comments:

  1. That looks delicious! Did you use sugar-free preserves or regular?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo,
    I used regular preserves. I am sure you could use sugar-free if you like, though. It was very delicious. My soon to be son-in-law had three helpings!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...