|Brushing with oil|
|ready to go in the oven..|
|The finished Focaccia|
Makes: 2 flatbreads (12 slices each) 1 slice = 2 points +
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- ¼ C olive oil
- 2 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 ½-3 C flour
- 2 Roasted red peppers diced (used jarred.)
- 1 medium onion sliced & and grilled
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large bowl. Add ¼ C oil, sugar, ¼ tsp salt & 2 C flour. Beat with mixer for 3 minutes. Stir in enough of the remaining flour until dough is soft and leaves the sides of the bowl. If you have a mixer with a hook attachment, you can continue mixing for an additional 5 min. Otherwise, knead on a floured surface until dough is smooth and springy.
2. Place dough in a large bowl sprayed with cooking spray (turning dough to grease all sides). Cover and let rise in a warm place 1-1 ½ hours, or until doubled.
3. Spray 2 cookie sheets. Punch dough down and divide in half. Press each half into a 12 inch circle on a cookie sheet. Cover & let rise for 20 min.
4. Heat oven to 425. Gently make depressions in dough with fingers. Brush with a little olive oil and sprinkle with the peppers and onions. Bake for 12-15 min, or until golden.