Thursday, July 19, 2012

Banana Bread


Did you ever have a banana bread recipe that was so good, but that was so fattening that you avoided making it? Well, no more. This recipe was adapted from my all-time favorite recipe to make it lower in fat without losing any of the great taste. Try it and let me know how you like it!


serves 12 (5 points +)



  • ½ c. unsweetened applesauce
  • ¼ c. butter softened
  • ½ c. sugar
  • 1 c. sugar substitute ( such as Ideal Xylitol)
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 large bananas, mashed
  • 2 c. flour
  • 4 T. Dannon Light and Fit Vanilla Yogurt ( or any fat free vanilla yogurt)
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. vanilla



Beat first 5 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add bananas and mix until just combined.
Combine flour and baking soda. Add to banana mixture alternately with yogurt. Add vanilla last.
Pour into a loaf pan coated with non-stick spray. Bake at 375 for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...