Monday, July 30, 2012

Lemon Balm Stuffed Chicken

before roasting

after roasting

Last week was my mom's birthday. She loves anything to do with lemon and since I had an abundance of lemon balm growing in my garden, I decided to try to make something with it. I cooked the chicken in my roaster at 300 degrees until done ( 2-3 hours depending on size of the chicken) You can also bake the chicken in the oven, covered, but uncover for the last 30 minutes for some added color. This chicken was moist and juicy. Everyone loved it. I made this along with Zucchini Stuffing, fruit and yogurt parfaits, a salad and Cherry Galette for dessert.

3 oz. cooked chicken without skin = 4 points +

  • 1 whole roasting chicken
  • a bunch of lemon balm
  • 1 lemon
  • thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste

Rinse chicken and pat dry. Stuff the cavity with lemon balm. Place slices of lemon under the skin. Sprinkle chicken with garlic powder, salt, pepper and thyme. Roast at 300 degrees until juices run clear.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic Post! Lot of information is helpful in some or the other way. Keep updating lemon balm powder

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...