Monday, June 24, 2013

Watermelon- Mint Skewers in a Balsamic Syrup




What a fun party treat! I made these for a bridal shower this weekend and then made another batch for my niece's graduation party. I will be making them again for my granddaughter's first birthday party in a couple of weeks. This recipe makes a lot, so plan to make them for a party, or make in smaller amounts. You will love this little treat because it is 1 points +

Makes 100 ( 2 skewers = 1 points +)


  • 1 seedless watermelon
  • 1 package fresh mint
  •  salt and pepper
  • 1/2 c.balsamic vinegar
  • 1/2 c. sugar
  • 2 T. olive oil
  • toothpicks


Cut watermelon into small cubes. Place 2 cubes onto each toothpick. Top with a small piece of torn mint. Combine balsamic with sugar. Bring to a boil and cook until sugar dissolves ( 1-2 minutes). Remove from heat. Stir in olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Place skewers in a large dish with sides. Drizzle with balsamic syrup. Refrigerate until serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...