Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Sun- Dried Tomato Rosemary Focaccia Bread



We have a little coffee shop in town that has amazing focaccia bread sandwiches. My favorite bread is the tomato herb focaccia. One day, I hope to replicate that recipe, but for today, I have made this focaccia bread and it was very good. I love this bread served warm. This recipe will make two loaves, so plan to either give one away, have lots of people over to share or try freezing one.

Makes 2 loaves with 8 wedges each ( 1 wedge = 4 points +)


  • 1-1/2 c. warm water
  • 1 packet quick rise yeast
  • 1 tsp. sugar
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 4 c. flour
  • 3 T. olive oil, divided
  • 1/4 c. sun-dried tomatoes, cut into julienned strips
  • fresh rosemary
  • coarse sea salt


Dissolve yeast in a mixing bowl with warm water. Add sugar and 1 tsp. salt. Stir in 2 T. olive oil. Add 3 c. flour and mix. Add more flour, a little at a time until mixture starts to pull away from the bowl. If you have a stand mixer, such as a Kitchen -Aid, with the dough hook, you can continue mixing for about 5 minutes until dough is smooth and elastic. If not, you will have to knead your dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic ( 6-8 minutes)

Place dough in a large bowl coated with nonstick spray. Turn dough to coat. Cover and keep in a warm place until dough doubles in size. ( I keep mine on top of my stove with my oven pre-heated). The dough will take 30-60 minutes to rise.

Heat 1 c. water to boiling. Add sun-dried tomato pieces. Let stand 30 minutes; drain.

Preheat oven to 425. Coat two 9 inch round cake pans with nonstick spray. Punch dough down; Divide dough into two equal portions and place in cake pans. Press dough with fingertips to form indentations. Brush with remaining 1 T. oil. Top with sun-dried tomato pieces, rosemary and coarse sea salt. Bake 16-17 minutes or until bread is golden. Let stand 10-15 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...