Saturday, September 11, 2010

Ham Steaks with Spiced Pineapple Sauce






Tonight I made ham recipe along with cornbread and white beans for my husband who is half hillbilly. He loves it when I make these dishes!

serves 6 ( 4 points)

1 c. unsweetened pineapple juice ( use the juice from a can of pineapple tidbits)
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
3 T. brown sugar
1 T. cornstarch
2 T. cider vinegar
1 c. unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained ( use the juice to make 1 c. )
6 ( 4 oz) fully cooked ham steaks

In a saucepan, combine all ingredients besides pineapple tidbits and ham steaks. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly until thickened. Stir in pineapple.
Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook ham until browned and heated through. Serve pineapple sauce over ham.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...