Fairly quick and easy to make, this is sure to please. If you have never used Orzo, it is a pasta that almost looks like a large grain of rice.
serves 8 ( 8 points + )
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced thin
- 1 onion, chopped
- garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 can ( 28 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 pkg. ( 10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 c. fat-free chicken broth
- 1-½ c. uncooked orzo pasta
- seasonings to taste
- ¼ c. grated Parmesan cheese
Sprinkle chicken with garlic, salt and pepper. Heat a nonstick skillet with the olive oil. Add chicken and onion and cook until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in tomatoes, spinach, chicken broth and orzo. Season to taste. Simmer until pasta is tender and liquid is absorbed. Serve with Parmesan cheese.