Here is another great recipe from the "Diabetes Comfort Food Cookbook". This salad makes quite a pretty presentation too.
serves 8 ( 3 points+)
- 4 c. thinly sliced Romaine lettuce
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- ½ English cucumber, chopped
- 1 c. canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 T. cider vinegar
- 2 T. fresh lime juice
- 2 T. chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp. honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ c. olive oil
Place lettuce on a shallow platter. In rows, arrange the vegetables and black beans.
Whisk dressing ingredients together and drizzle over salad.