Thursday, April 26, 2012

Italian Style Eggs




This recipe is a twist on eggs and hashbrowns. Ready-made polenta adds both a crunchy and creamy texture. I used a sun-dried tomato polenta for this recipe. You can make your eggs any style that you like. I prefer scrambled.


serves 4 ( 4 points+)



  • 1 T. olive oil
  • 8 oz. ready made polenta, cut into 4 slices
  • salt, pepper and basil to taste
  • 4 eggs



Heat half of the oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add polenta slices and cook until crispy and lightly browned on each side. Remove from the pan and keep warm. Add tomatoes, sprinkle with salt, pepper and basil. Cook until the tomatoes begin to slightly carmelize. Set aside and keep warm.
Heat remaining ½ T. oil in the pan. Cook eggs to your liking.

adapted from the cookbook "Cook Yourself Thin, Faster"
Top Polenta with eggs and tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...