serves 4 ( about 3/4 c. corn hash and 1 chicken breast = 10 points +)
- 1-1/4 c. low-fat buttermilk, divided
- 1/2 tsp. paprika, divided
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper, divided
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves ( 4 oz. each)
- 2 c. frozen corn, thawed
- 1 T. fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 c. pank Japanese bread crumbs
- 4 Oscar Mayer fully cooked bacon strips
- 1 T. olive oil
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 bottled, roasted red bell peppers, chopped
Combine 1 c. buttermilk, 1/4 tsp. paprika and 1/8 tsp. cayenne in a large ziplock bag. Add chicken to bag, seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Combine remaining 1/4 c. buttermilk, lemon juice and parsley. Set aside.
Combine remaining 1/4 tsp. paprika, 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper and Panko in a shallow dish. Remove chicken from marinade. Sprinkle chicken with salt and coat in panko mixture. ( discard marinade)
Place bacon in a large cast iron or nonstick skillet. Cook until crisp. Remove. Add oil to pan.
Add chicken to pan and cook 4 minutes per side or until golden brown and done.
In a medium cast iron or nonstick skillet, cook corn until starting to brown. Place in a medium bowl. add bacon, green onions, roasted red pepper and salt to taste.
Divide corn mixture evenly among four plates. Top with chicken and drizzle with 1 T. buttermilk dressing.
adapted from "Cooking Light"