Thursday, August 29, 2013

Tomato and Rosemary Frittata


Frittata, which is an Italian style omelet,  is such an easy dish to make and makes for a light, satisfying breakfast. I loved using tomatoes from the garden for this recipe!

Serves 6 ( 3 points +)


  • 1 T. olive oil
  • 6 eggs
  • 3 T. Parmesan cheese, grated
  • 1 tsp. crushed garlic
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 fresh tomatoes, sliced thinly
  • 2 T. chopped, fresh rosemary


Preheat broiler.
Heat oil in a 6 - 8 inch cast- iron or oven proof skillet. Beat eggs in a medium bowl and stir in cheese, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture into pan and cook until nearly set, but still jiggly in the center. Top with sliced tomatoes and rosemary. Place in broiler for 3-4 minutes, watching closely, until eggs are set and top is lightly browned.

2 comments:

  1. You are great! I absolutely love, love, love your blog and I have been trying desperately to convert my unhealthy obsession with food into a healthy enthusiastic relationship with it.
    More Info

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are enjoying the blog. The above recipe was simple, yet delicious! Let me know what other recipes you try!

      Delete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...